Volunteers Make Our Programs Possible
Our home delivered meals program depends on volunteers to deliver the food to our clients. There is no money budgeted for delivery. We deliver meals 5 days a week. More help is always needed! The volunteer may deliver once a month, weekly or whenever they have time available. Some businesses allow their employees to deliver during lunch hour. This is a great way to give back to the community.
Your one hour allows you the opportunity to:
- Improve the senior’s health, by bringing a nutritious meal
- Bring assurance that someone will be by to check on them 5 days a week
- Make their day by sharing a kind word and a smile
- Remain in their home longer
The volunteer is trained to:
- Handle food safely
- What to expect in dealing with the seniors
- To look for other needs that the client may have
- How to handle an emergency.
Where else can you accomplish so much in one hour?
The volunteers pick up the packed meals around 10:45 to deliver to the homebound clients. Each route takes approximately an hour.